Nesting mode has kicked into high gear this weekend, which is great because it feels like there is still so much to do before the baby gets here. But it seems like it was SO much easier the last time. I was by myself and worked at my pace - which was usually fast, unless I was slowed down by the ole' belly. But now I'm contending with external factors. Namely my husband and my daughter.
I can't just do the things that need doing because I need to look after my family. It's frustrating. I know this sort of seems silly, but it's driving me bananas.
I have a lot more energy in the mornings. But the time late afternoon rolls around I'm feeling the weight of the belly and everything that comes with being 9 months pregnant. And by dinner time I'm usually done. So today I wanted to get so much done, but it just didn't happen because Mike had his own stuff that needed doing, so I was on doodle duty. And by the time he tagged in, my productive window was really narrow,
I did manage to get the nursery in order, which makes me feel good. And the diaper bag and hospital bag are pretty much good to go. I wrote out the remaining to-do list on bright yellow paper and put it on the fridge. I'm hoping by the end of this week we'll be done.
That being said, baby had better not arrive before May 6th!!! That's when my dad arrives. He'll be caring for Lola while we're in the hospital having this new kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment